Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Quadcopter repair - motor replace



After my last crash land I tried to fly again with my quadcopter but two of the motors didn’t spin anymore.
I had two options: to buy a new one or to repair it.
http://amzn.to/1NS35gw

Step 1: Open the quadcopter

I removed all the tiny screws and put them in a safe place.
I reversed the good motors channel with the "dead" channels. I wanted to know if the motors are dead or something happened with the Syma X5C 's receiver board.
After I powered up the quad I got the confirmation that the two counter-clockwise motors are dead. Also, one of the motor base was melted because of the heat of the motor.

 

Step 2: Removing damaged parts

I unsoldered the motor wires from the receiver board and I removed the dead motors from the motor base.



Step 3: Ordering spare parts



I ordered two counter-clockwise motors (black and white wires), one set of motor gears and one motor base.
After almost 4 weeks I got them and I was ready for the final step.

Step 4: Installing the new parts in to the quadcopter



I soldered back the wires of the new motors to the receiver board according to the attached schematics.
On the video bellow you can watch the entire repair process.
After I checked everything again, I powered ON the quad to see if all the motors spin freely and correctly. Good news, my quadcopter was ready for the next fly :)

No comments :

Post a Comment